Dr. Mukti Sadhan Basu
Ph.D. in Plant Breeding and Genetics
60 research publications and book chapters. He has been an Independent Consultant (Business Planning & Development), Consultant (seed), Visiting Scientist, Food Legumes Seed System.
Mr. Basu has received outstanding accomplishments at all levels.
1. At International Level
As Principal Investigator of International Projects:
* Screening for water Use Efficiency (WUE) and Identification of sources of drought resistance in groundnut using Carbon Isotope Discrimination technique and Specific Leaf Area as surrogate in collaboration with Dept. of Primary Industries, Queensland, Australia
* Assessment of predisposing factors responsible for mycotoxins contamination in food and feed and development of farm-worthy prevention technologies with UNDP support
* Molecular, Environmental and Nutritional Evaluation of Bambara Groundnut for Food Production in Semi-Arid Africa and India supported by the European Union
* Farmers’ Participatory Varietal Selection of Grain Legumes in Rainfed Asia supported by IFAD, Rome/ICRISAT
* Offer consultancy to Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Industry and Trade and National Smallholder Farmers’ Association, Malawi, Africa on mycotoxins management in important agri-commodities to safeguard the health of consumers and improve agri-export under the UN Programme.
2. At National Level:
• Development and release of about 45 special feature groundnut varieties for general cultivation under different agro-ecological situations in India
• Identification of resistant sources to biotic stresses at hot spots and their utilization in crop improvement program in NARS
• Management of Mycotoxins in Agriculturally Important Crops (Maize, Rice, Sorghum, Chilli, Black pepper and Groundnut) and development of standards under the Network Project funded by ICAR
• Development of Model Seed System in high volume crops (Groundnut, Pigeonpea and Chickpea) supported by TMOP, Ministry of Agriculture, Govt. of India in collaboration with ICRISAT
3. Regulatory Affairs:
• Liasioning and facilitating with NBPGR and NBA for export and import of seed and planting materials; RCGM and other Regulatory Bodies for import of genetically modified organism for research purpose.
Dr. Basu has nearly 60 research publications and book chapters. He has been an Independent Consultant (Business Planning & Development), Consultant (seed), International Consultant on Aflatoxin Management, Visiting Scientist, Food Legumes Seed System.
Travelled widely across the world namely Africa (Botswana, Malawi, South Africa) Australia, China, France, Iran, Myanmar, Taiwan, Thailand, UK, USA and Vietnam on business trip and more particularly for the purpose of coordinating collaborative research and participating in the international conferences.
Academically Dr. Basu has done Ph.D. in Plant Breeding and Genetics and M.Sc. in Agriculture.